Pinterest is becoming an increasingly popular platform for bloggers in Nigeria.
With 431 million monthly active users, it is the 14th largest social network in the world, and 21.7% of social media users in Nigeria use Pinterest to discover new content.
If you have a blog or website, you can direct Pinterest users to your site by following certain steps.
In this article, we will explore 3 simple steps to driving traffic from Pinterest to your blog or website in Nigeria and how you can maximize engagement with potential readers.
Step 1: Optimize Your Pinterest Profile
Preparing your profile is the first step to driving traffic from Pinterest to your blog in Nigeria.
First, create a compelling username and profile image to draw viewers in.
Your username should include keywords related to your niche and your name or blog title.
And the profile image should be a high-quality, professional headshot of you or an image relevant to your blog topic.
Additionally, ensure you fill out the “About” section with an informative description of yourself and your blog’s mission statement.
You can attract potential followers and drive them back to your blog by establishing a strong presence on Pinterest.
If you haven’t already, convert your Pinterest personal account to a business account for access to business analytics, tools, and advertising.
Find a step-by-step guide here.
Create and Optimize Your Pinterest Boards
A Pinterest board is a collection of pins, images or videos users save to Pinterest.
Each board has a specific theme; users can create as many boards as they like to organize their pins.
For example, you can create a board for recipe ideas, another board for fashion inspiration, and another board for home decor ideas.
And users can follow other users’ boards to see their pins in their feed and share their boards with others.
To create a board, follow these steps:
Log into your Pinterest account
- Click your profile picture in the top-right corner of your page to open your profile
- Click the plus icon at the right side of your screen, next to the filter icon
- Select Board
- Enter a name for your board and click the field below Dates to add an end date or a date range
- Toggle Keep this board secret if you want to keep it secret
- Click Create
Once created, you need people to find this board, so what do you do?
- Use relevant, descriptive keywords in your board’s name and description to make it easier for users to find.
- Choose a visually appealing cover image for your board.
- Organize your pins into relevant sections to make browsing easier for users.
- Collaborate with other users by adding their pins to your board or allowing them to contribute.
- Share your board on social media and other platforms to promote it to a wider audience.
- Regularly add new, high-quality pins to your board to keep it up-to-date and interesting.
Step 2: Create Engaging Content
Without content, getting traffic from Pinterest in Nigeria will be a hard nut to crack.
And not just any content.
You need something that makes people stop, click, and head over to your site.
That’s where engaging content comes in.
It starts by crafting blog posts that answer users’ question and helps them solve real problems.
But that’s not all.
To create content that engages Pinterest users, you should focus on creating visually appealing and informative pins.
Follow these tips:
- Use high-quality images: Make sure your images are clear and in focus, and use images that are relevant to your topic.
- Use bright, bold colors: Bright colors tend to stand out more on Pinterest, so consider using them in your images.
- Use text overlays: Adding text overlays to your images can help to convey important information and make your pins more eye-catching.
- Use infographics: Infographics are a great way to present information visually and can be very effective on Pinterest.
- Use templates: Pinterest has several templates available that you can use to create visually appealing pins.
- Experiment with different layouts and design elements: Try different layouts and design elements to see what works best for your content.
- Keep it simple: Avoid cluttered or busy images and use clean, minimal design elements.
- Follow design trends: Keep an eye on design trends and incorporate them into your pins to keep them looking fresh and modern.
Your pins should also include a link to your blog in the caption.
It makes it easy for users to navigate back to your website.
One more thing.
Research the most popular topics related to your blog for you to create content that appeals to the interests of potential readers.
You can use keyword tools such as Google Keyword Planner or Pinterest Search Ads Manager, which will help you discover what topics and words Nigerians are searching for when it comes to your type of content.
This will help ensure that you create AND optimize your engaging content that appeals directly to Nigerian audiences and increases their chances of visiting your blog from Pinterest.
Step 3: Promote Your Content
Once you have created and optimized your pins, it is time to promote them. The more reach your Pins achieve the more chances of getting clicked.
It’s that simple.
To drive traffic from Pinterest to your blog in Nigeria, here are some strategies you can use:
Identify relevant hashtags for each pin that will help boost its visibility.
a. Identify relevant hashtags for each pin
As discussed earlier, hashtags are a great way to increase the chances of reaching more people and getting more engagement on your content.
They also help make sure your posts appear when users search for specific keywords related to the topic of your post.
b. Join relevant Pinterest group boards
Another way to improve your reach is to join relevant Pinterest group boards and become active in them.
Such communities on Pinterest will help with networking and expanding reach.
And regularly participating in these groups also helps create relationships with influencers interested in collaborating or linking to your blog posts.
c. Schedule pins
Schedule pins regularly so they are always visible on users’ feeds.
Lucky for you, tools like Tailwind, BoardBooster, and Buffer can help you schedule pins easily.
By scheduling your content regularly, it increases the visibility of your posts as well as brand recall among users actively using Pinterest in Nigeria.
Connect With Your Audience
It’s not enough to just push content to your Pinterest.
Connecting with your audience is essential to driving traffic from Pinterest to your blog in Nigeria.
Take the time to engage with your followers and create meaningful conversations.
Doing so will help build relationships as well as increase engagement and loyalty among readers.
Here are some tips for connecting and engaging with your audience:
Don’t be afraid to ask questions! Ask open-ended questions that get people thinking about the topic you’re discussing or the content you’re sharing. This encourages readers to comment, which further drives engagement and builds relationships.
Another great tip is responding quickly when someone comments or interacts with you on social media platforms like Pinterest.
This shows that you’re listening and encourages further engagement.
Finally, create content specifically tailored to your audience in Nigeria.
Take the time to understand what they like or need so that you can provide them with valuable information relevant to their interests.
This will help build trust between you and your readers, which is essential for driving traffic from Pinterest back to your blog!
Getting traffic from Pinterest in Nigeria can be easy and effective.
All you have to do is create quality content relevant to your audience and promote it through Pinterest.
While at it, create a detailed profile for yourself or your business on Pinterest and use the right keywords for your pins to maximize visibility.
And take advantage of analytics tools like Google Analytics to measure the success of your efforts.
With these steps in mind, you’ll be well-prepared to use Pinterest as a powerful tool to drive more traffic and engagement to your blog in Nigeria.