Ecommerce global sales have surpassed $2.3 trillion making it the next big thing to invest in. Shopify stores in Nigeria have been increasing steadily over the years creating a lucrative niche to work as a Shopify affiliate in Nigeria.
Anyone can grab this opportunity to earn some extra income. Shopify provides one of the best packages for affiliate marketers with mind-blowing commissions, reliable support, and appealing tools to get your marketing venture rolling.
What do you need to sign up as a Shopify affiliate in Nigeria? Here’s what:
Requirements to Apply
- You own and run an active website
- Have an established audience
- Ability to create original content like seminars, videos, online courses or blog posts
- Experience with eCommerce platforms; experience with Shopify is desirable
- Read and agree to the Shopify Partner Program Agreement
Here is a step-by-step procedure on how to do the application.
- Click here to open the Shopify Affiliate Program page like the one shown below. Select any one of the buttons shown below to apply as a Shopify affiliate in Nigeria.
- You will be prompted with a registration box where you can key in your details, like the one shown below.
- Finally, you can key in your Account information as shown in the image below and submit it.
After submitting your application, the Shopify team will review the application and process it within 15 business days. On approval, you get an email with an affiliate link to promote Shopify and tools to get you started.
On the other hand, Shopify does not give feedback to the denied applications due to the high number of applicants.
Let’s say your application is successful and you receive the email with an affiliate link and all the requirements you need to start the work. What next?
At this point, the ball is in your hands. You can creatively use your skills and expertise to make as many referrals as possible. There is no limitation to what you can achieve. Let us find out how you can track your referrals.
The affiliate link that you receive upon acceptance is what you will use to track all your referrals.
As you mobilize new users and educate them about Shopify use your unique affiliate link posted on your social platforms.
Tracking cookies last 30 days. If a visitor clicks on this link during this period, you are credited with the referral when they sign up for the 14-day trial.
After the trial period, the customer can choose to sign up and this is when you get to earn a one-time
Every time you refer a new customer and they sign up to a Shopify paid plan using your affiliate link, you receive a commission.
Shopify affiliate in Nigeria doesn’t have a maximum number of customers that you can refer. There is no limitation to what you can earn.
This must be music to the ears. Let us find out how much you can make as a Shopify affiliate in Nigeria.
How Much Can You Earn
Shopify is an excellent brand and market leader in eCommerce with a highly rewarding affiliate program. They have high commission rates and you can be assured of efficient affiliate marketing software.
In terms of numbers, did you know you can earn more than $1000 monthly as a Shopify affiliate in Nigeria?
You can promote their vast number of items like webinars, informative articles, free online courses from their academy, and guides.
The fresh marketing insights, resourceful courses, and live chat support give you all the support you need to stay afloat in the market and seize the opportunities to earn as much money as you can.
A sneak peek of Shopify plans can give us a closer glimpse of how much commission you can get.
Keep in mind that Shopify pays you up to 200% commission for any plan the customer subscribes to; the only exception is Shopify Plus.
The Shopify pricing plans are as shown below:
- Basic Shopify: $29 per month
- Shopify: $79 per month
- Advanced Shopify $299 per month
Shopify makes its payments through PayPal. You are allowed to process your payment only when it is $25 or more.
Advantages of Shopify Affiliate in Nigeria
- The affiliate portal is easy to navigate and user-friendly.
In other words, we can describe it as clean and straightforward. You can get all the activity data and statistics on the homepage.
- High commission rates of up to 100% commission for sign-ups and 300% for conversions.
You receive a 100% commission on the first two payments for each referral who signs up for the paid plan.
For example, you get $58, which is $29 per month, for the Basic Shopify plan. This applies to all the Shopify plans except Shopify Plus.
Note that the payments for the conversions depend on specific countries.
- You get to work with a market leader
Shopify gives you the platform to realize your eCommerce goals and your dream of competing with the likes of Amazon and Alibaba a reality.
- A versatile landing page
The Shopify landing page covers all that a customer would need to know. In addition, their resources tab links to the knowledge base where one can get all the information they need. Isn’t this the efficiency every affiliate dreams about?
- A 30-day cookie period
You start making sales when a person uses your referral link and signs up for a free trial within the first 30 days.
Afterward, if they subscribe to the paid plans, you earn a commission. This 30-day period meets the industry standard.
- Access to a full-time Shopify affiliate manager
Shopify shows commitment to their publishers by ensuring they are well supported for efficiency in making sales. Their affiliate manager is prompt in resolving issues and responding to emails.
- Well designed marketing materials
As an affiliate, you can get appealing banners and creative resources to make you stand out in your marketing endeavors.
- You can create links for easy tracking.
Using links with unique identifiers like source, content, campaign name, and medium will enable you to smoothly track your efforts and plan for your growth.
- Access to free online courses
On signing up, you can enroll in an affiliate marketing course for beginners. It takes 45 minutes to thoroughly equip you with skills and knowledge on how to enhance your marketing strategies.
As a new affiliate, you can use these skills to set yourself up for success and experienced affiliates can get new inspiration to boost their effort.
Disadvantages of Shopify Affiliate in Nigeria
Everything that has an upside must have a downside. As long as the pros exceed the cons then you are good to go. However, it is important that we take note of them:
- The deep linking feature on Shopify is a bit disorganized. This hinders one from linking their content to related articles or products hence reducing the chances of getting more conversion rates.
- Increasing from a 30-day cookie to a 45-day or 90-day cookie would benefit an affiliate more. This is because building an eCommerce site requires adequate planning which may take longer than 30 days hence the affiliate loses a selling opportunity.
You can never go wrong investing in eCommerce, especially with a market leader like Shopify. Sign up today to work as a Shopify affiliate in Nigeria and realize limitless opportunities to grow your brand and increase your income.